Submitted by Heartland Foot and Ankle Associates
There are many different treatments available for thick, discolored, brittle, or just plain ‘ugly’ nails. Many of these treatments can be extremely effective, but will take a long time before you see results. Nails take 9-12 months to grow out, so even after you treat and kill the fungus in the nail (which causes the unappealing appearance); it can still take an entire year for the new healthy nail to grow out. Until then, you’re stuck with thick, brittle, discolored nails. KeryFlex technology to the rescue! This new, state-of-the-art nail system lets you walk in with ugly nails and walk out with beautiful, natural-looking nails, even if you only have a fragment of your natural nail remaining.
KeryFlex Nail Restoration System is a safe, non-systemic, non-porous, cosmetic treatment that gives even the ugliest of nails a beautiful healthy appearance. This high-tech system provides an attractive natural look, similar to the professional, clean appearance of an acrylic nail. KeryFlex is superior to typical nail products, such as acrylics, because it is:
- Flexible: KeryFlex is designed to flex with the movement of the finger or toe, minimizing lifting and further trauma to the nail while providing superior durability.
- Non-Porous: KeryFlex is water proof, so fungus, bacteria, and other harmful contagions can’t sneak under the artificial nail and attack your natural nail, causing discoloration, thickening, and brittleness.
- Anti-Fungal: Piroctone olamine, a widely used anti-fungal agent, is formulated into KeryFlex, to help retard the growth of existing fungus.
- Acid Free: KeryFlex will not irritate the nail bed or surrounding skin the way acid containing systems can do.
- Sanitary: Every patient receives a brand new KeryFlex treatment in a medical grade sanitary setting, assuring no cross contamination.
KeryFlex is applied and sealed, creating an attractive, realistic-looking nail in place of the damaged one. You only need 15 percent of your natural nail left for KeryFlex to be applied. KeryFlex can be applied to give the appearance of a full-length nail. After KeryFlex is applied, you can paint the nail, get pedicures, go swimming, and engage in all normal activities. You can also use KeryFlex while treating your nails for fungal symptoms, so you have the appearance of beautiful nails while your natural nails are healing.
For more information on Keryflex, Laser Therapy for Fungal Nails, or any foot problem, please contact Dr. Lockwood or Dr. Rivzi at Heartland Foot and Ankle Associates at 309-661-9975 or www.heartlandfootandankle.com. Their office is located at 10 Heartland Dr. in Bloomington.