By Lynette Pritchard, VIM Today
“By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.” — Benjamin Franklin
All successful endeavors require preparation. I consider sprouting a new, healthy you similar to planting a garden, an endeavor that tops all endeavors. Being in your best health makes you the best human you can be — the best parent, spouse, child, employee, business owner, or philanthropist. To get there, you must prepare.
Here are a few healthy ideas to be prepared to start your week off prepared for success. Decide which day of the week works best in your schedule to get these done. My grocery shopping is done ahead of time, so I can start my day with a walk, church, or a workout — whatever it is that gets you in a beautiful mental state to take care of you. That’s what this preparation is for: a lovely fabulous you. It’s part of the process, it’s not a burden or chore; it’s your ticket to health freedom. Preparation is a loving, committed way of life. Put on some great music, and dance your way through the day preparing for your healthy week ahead. The more often you prepare, the less time it will take, and success becomes simple.
- Clean, slice, and store in containers all firm veggies and clean herbs to toss into a leafy green salad or a wrap throughout the week (i.e. celery, onion, broccoli, fennel, carrots, etc.)
- Wet veggies should be washed but not precut (tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, peppers, etc.)
- All greens, herbs, and lettuces should be purchased pre-cleaned and ready to use (especially if new to this) or washed and dried before being stored in containers with paper towel liners. Moisture is the destroyer of proper storage.
- Write down a healthy food game plan to keep things easy and convenient. Plan “to go” meals for lunch if you live on the run, and plan what dinner will be Monday through Friday.
- Pre-grill or steam and portion proteins in containers to refrigerate or freeze.
- Stock your freezer with frozen fruit such as berries and ripe, peeled bananas in a zip-lock bag. A breakfast smoothie is the perfect way to add nutrition in very little time and feel great. Breakfast is all about “breaking-fast;” we just gave our body a break from food while we slept. During that time, our body is working to cleanse, build, and heal.
- It’s best to add protein in a breakfast smoothie to avoid blood sugar spikes and hunger. You can also add plants and supplements to a fruit smoothie. The following are only a few smoothie additions that are easily found at your local market.
“Break-fast” smoothie idea (be creative, switch up these ingredients if desired):
- Large handful of leafy greens (baby spinach, kale)
- Sea plants such as chlorella
- Pea protein
- Probiotic powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/2 frozen banana
- Water to blend or plant based milk (coconut, almond, rice)
You can use all of the above supplement suggestions or you can use an all-in-one product like Vim Super Food. Healthy lifestyles are daily habits, and being prepared is your key to success! VIM Today is pure nutrition and skin-trition for the modern condition!
For more information, call 563-209-7844 or visit www.vimtoday.com. Located at 2535 Tech Dr, Ste 100, Bettendorf. Upgrade your nutrition today at VIM Today, why wait?