At Heartland, the majority of our patients come directly to us from the hospital. We have been treating patients with multiple medical needs and returning them back to the community longer than our competitors. Our clinical and therapy team members provide post-hospital quality care in a warm and comfortable environment. Their expertise and commitment to quality care will help you get back home and back to your life.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Orthopedics and Joint Replacement
- Stroke and Neurological Care
- Cardiac Care
- Pulmonary Care
- Diabetes Management
- Wound Care
- Oncology Care
- Short stay focused care or focused on getting patients back to their lives
- Outpatient rehab as needed
- Dementia services
- Residential living
TYPICAL DIAGNOSES THAT BENEFIT FROM POST-HOSPITAL CARE INCLUDE:
- Tailored treatment plans
- Skilled nursing and medical care
- Hospital-level rehabilitation therapies
- Recreational activities to help transition back to the community
- Goal setting, discharge planning and case management
- Patient and family education and lifestyle, nutrition and disease management
A MONUMENTAL DECISION
- Orthopedic injuries and total joint replacement
- Cardiac recovery
- Stroke and neurological recovery
- Chronic disease management
- Wound care
Patients leaving the hospital need a post-hospital provider that has the ability to help them return home confidently and safely. We understand how difficult this decision may be. We also understand the emotional and physical challenge the road to recovery can be. Choose a center with the experience to get you back to your life.
Does the facility have experience treating your condition?
What is the facility’s track record for treating patients with your condition?
Are the nurses knowledgeable in caring for patients such as you?
Does the center have hospital-level therapists and equipment?
Does the center have systems in place to reduce unnecessary re-hospitalizations?
After surgery, illness or injury, patients want to get home and back to their lives as quickly as possible. Choosing the right medical and rehabilitation team will strongly impact recovery. Patients need a setting that specializes in rehabilitation and provides vital medical care. At Heartland, our primary focus is caring for post-hospital or post-acute patients with complex medical and rehab needs.
We are proud of our results.
- Our therapy team has years of combined experience
- Over 95% of our patients receive rehabilitation therapy services
- Over 90% of our patients are able to manage their care needs at time of discharge
- 89% of our patients return home
- Only 18% of our patients return to the hospital (lower than national average)
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Homemade meals supervised by a registered dietitian
- Elegantly appointed dining rooms
- Internet café
- Inviting lounges and activity areas
- Activities, entertainment and excursions
- Personal laundry and linen service
- Religious services
- Residents’ council